12.12.2011

gear changers


You saw the shifters, now the derailleurs.  The 8 speeds in the rear are a Sram 830 cassette, 11-32 being switched through the cogs with a Shimano Acera derailleur.  Not exciting, but when dealing with a friction shifter, the quality is not of great concern.


 The crank is a Race Face Ride, and the front derailleur is an old LX I've had laying around unused for about 6 years or so now, not much shifting going on with my bikes, especially front derailleurs. 


The crank came with a 44-32-22 gear range, I took off the big chainring and put on the BBG bashguard.  I very rarely use the big chainring at all, and this helps protect from "rookie ring".
You can see how big the chainring bashguard is from this picture, I had this one laying around the workbench.  In the smallest cog on the cassette in the back, and in the 32 tooth chainring, there is a little bit of rubbing, I'll switch it out when I have some extra money.

Fenders and light next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment