2.28.2011

flood



Most of Northeast Ohio is under a flood watch today, with the snow we got last week melting from the temperature, and the thunderstorms we got this morning, it is a mess. My commute to work this morning was interesting, with bottom bracket deep "puddles" and the bike path actually a moving part of Rocky River.



The last part of my commute before I pop out back onto roads goes over the river on a bridge (actually I go over 3 bridges), but this is the one farthest down river. That is a lot of lumber in that river. After another deep ford biking, ankle deep in the river, my feet freezing, I took this picture. Soon afterwards, an 8 inch thick log hit the bridges support beam, sounded like a homerun hit off of an aluminum bat. I got out of there quick.

I'm taking a different route home.

No comments:

Post a Comment